1. Physiotherapists work with the patient to regain their physical function after undergoing surgery, an injury, recovering from an illness or disease, workplace or motor vehicle accidents, and age-related conditions.
2. Physiotherapists can practice their profession in private practice clinics, hospitals, long term care facilities, client’s homes, schools, and community based clinics.
3. Don’t have a referral. Don’t worry! Physiotherapists are primary care practitioners. You can visit a physiotherapist without a referral. However, in order for physiotherapy services to be covered, some extended health insurance plans require a referral from your doctor
4. There are many areas in which physiotherapists work: post-operative care, neurology, orthopaedics, cardiorespiratory, sports medicine and animal rehabilitation.
5. There are a variety of benefits that physiotherapy treatment provides; including pain relief, increased joint range of motion, improved strength, and coordination. Physiotherapy can increase your independence and day to day function in your home, workplace or favourite leisure activity.
1/30/2018 12:33:34 pm
I didn't realize that physiotherapists were primary care practitioners, so you can visit without a referral. My brother recently got hurt during a track meet, so he has been looking for a therapist in the area. I'll be sure to ask if his insurance plan requires a referral or not first though.
Leave a Reply.